Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Still here!

Though the teaching term is over, I have now a MOUNTAIN of exam papers to correct. Thank you so much for al your comments and suggestions and I still have not booked my flight to Boston or the hotel there!
We are planning a few days in Yosemite with the help of Mike's cousin, but after an initial wave of info things are at a stand still. Of course the time difference doesn't help when you want to set up a call, and we have no idea how the booking works, which are the best place to stay etc. The cousin mention it'll be very busy and probably booked up, and to look for a cancellation list...she may as well have spoken Chinese...it's not like we know how it works...anyway, I'm sure we'll have more info at the weekend.

As for you my fantastic friends, send me an email to let me know which dates suits you better for a meet up! Also how do we contact each other? Email? I'll have my iPhone but I don't think I'll have data cover (is free wireless common?) I'm sure I'll have internet access in the house anyway.

4 weeks to go!!

6 comments:

Alex said...

I hope your vacation goes very well - I'm sure it will be amazing! I've never been to Yosemite, but I've heard great things. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Adele said...

Yosemite is supposed to be incredible. I did a quick search - would have thought there is a national park website (and I'm sure there is) but maybe check out yosemite dot com? It looks like they have hotel information. I think you're going at a great time of year for it, too.

Life Happens said...

Hope you get over the mountain of exams to grade soon!

I always feel like time flies when you have something, like an exciting vacation, to look forward to!!!

Anonymous said...

I have only done day trips to Yosemite, so I can't speak to the hotels, although from what I've heard there are 2 fabulous (and unbelievably expensive) hotels and the rest are so-so. But Yosemite is VERY popular, especially during the summer, and yes, I understand that reservations fill up fast. I'll see if I can find out something for you. What days do you think you would like to go there?

Also, yes, wireless internet is very common, particularly at coffee houses. Welcome to Starbucks! You will find one (the coffee house, that is) every block or two and can bring your laptop and plug in. Many hotels offer free internet or at least have computers available for your use.

I will email you with my contact info too.

Unknown said...

i hope you overcome the mountain and enjoy your vacation. ;)

Dental Assistant Salary in Kansas

Eileen said...

My phone number is 510 410 6500. We will be in Disneyland from June 20th through the 24th, but other than that we will be home and I canot wait to meet you and your beautiful son and introduce you to Matthew and Madeline.