Monday, January 16, 2012

Some pics

I finally managed to download the latest pics from Mike's camera. Unfortunately we have none of his first birthday cake and his first haircut! Bohooo!! You'd wonder why that is...well, we do have video-clips but no pics. I'll have to look at how to get single shots out of the camcorder.

Some updates first. Oliver got another upper tooth and a fourth one is almost through! He has moved to the Wobbler room in the crèche and loves it, the new carers are lovely and he was rejoined with a couple of children who were for a while with him in the baby room. And of course Cian is with him too! Our first week back was...tiring as expected but thankfully Oliver is back to a good sleeping routine which is great. We decided to split the nights if he wakes up. One night I get up all the time and the next one Mike does it, otherwise if we both get up we are both really tired the next day and there's no point.

On a very sad note, I only found out at the weekend that Megan, a cyber-friend I followed lost her battle to cancer last November. I was so saddened by the news, she leaves behind her husband and their lovely triplets conceived via FET when her cancer was in remission 2 years ago. The news was posted in Lost and Found but I had missed it. She was inspirational with her approach to life and she fully enjoyed it despite the disease and was not afraid to die. My thoughts and prayers to her family.

 Christmas Eve with my grandmother and my sister

 Family pic


 First taste of chocolate!

 Trying on mamma's skiing helmet. Next year darling!

 With my parents on the skiing trip, it was his birthday!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What awesome photo's! Loved seeing them - Oliver is TOO cute and getting SO big!

xxx

Momasita said...

You have a gorgeous family!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Megan. It sure keeps things in perspective.

I loved all the pictures you posted of your family. It was great getting to see who everyone is. Oliver is just darling and he is getting so big....transitioning to the Wobblers! BTW, what did Oliver think of the chocolate?

Life Happens said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. Prayers to her family.

Your little guys is so adorable. I love all the pictures!!!

Adele said...

Ah, what great pictures:) He'll be skiing in no time and it looks like he's enjoying the chocolate. (Good taste, clearly:)

I'm so sorry to hear about Megan.

Elle said...

I love the pictures. Have I ever told you how young you look? If you came to the States to gamble, they would ask to see your ID because you look so young.

I can't believe Oliver is 1! It goes by so quickly. My own little bean will be 3 next month. Can you believe that?

Happy belated birthday to one very loved, very wanted little man.

Flower said...

Aww...love the pictures Fran!!