Friday, December 25, 2020

2020 Round up

I thought I probably should do my best to post another update of my life before the year is over. And what a year this has been. 

We are all healthy which is the most important thing. Work-wise this year for me has been stellar, one hard to beat I'd say.

The children are doing great in school, even Oliver has settled finally and they are both fluent in Swiss German and High German which means they have zero difficulties with friends etc. I am slowly learning German, but as I don't need it in work, I am not forced to used it, so I am not progressing as fast as I should.

I started therapy again in May, I found the first lock down really tough, homeschooling the children in a language I don't speak is virtually impossible, of course as I am also working full time. I felt extremely anxious and edgy all the time, I had zero time for me and it was suffocating. I feel much better and I came through a journey of self discovery which was long overdue.

Mike started his job (just as Switzerland went into lockdown) and he is loving it, it is great for him to finally have found his path (clearly it's never too late..). But for me this year has been also the year to finally call it a day. I told Mike I want to separate. It would be a massive long post in itself to explain this part properly, but the short version is that first he didn't understand what had changed, then he seems to have accepted it. However this was September and he still has not moved out. 

After Christmas I will again bring up the conversation and I need a date when he will move out. We have not told the children yet, I thought it was best to wait till he had a plan. Of course this is not happening at any reasonable pace and I am at the end of my patience. So I am hoping for a 2021 which will bring a new light, like turning a page. Oliver will be 10 on the 1st of January, double digit... he has come such a long way with his behaviour, but some days are still very very tough... I hope that as the situation settles more, everyone will benefit.

Right, this is me, I still can't post on any blogs, I hope you are all doing well, hugs to all.

No comments: