Tuesday, March 23, 2021

The tough part

Nobody gets married of course thinking they will be separating down the line. In my case, I never wanted to get married in the first place (for the second time), but alas. 

It is amazing how these situations bring out the worse aspects of people. While I'm absolutely trying my best to keep the situation very amicable and polite, I have to deal with the passive-aggressive attitude of Mike who would not reply to the lawyer that quickly (we have opted for a consensual divorce agreement), would not really discuss with me how he feels about some of the suggestions etc. everything is met with barely a grunt. As I am the one financially stronger (thought he is also working full time), we have agree on how we divide expenses etc. It looks like I'm paying for absolutely everything, including a contribution to the children living expenses when they are with him. It sounds insane, it makes me mad that he will have no contribution to any of the expenses, but I just want this done. This is despite very clear financial agreements before and during our 14 year long marriage. Go figure. 

It's still not done. But I'm trying my absolutely best to understand that he is hurting, that he is worried about the future etc. I hope that when things settle, he will also see that he can be completely financially secure (he has a great job for god's sake...).

On the bright side, I am truly enjoying my time in the apartment on my own! I so needed my space, I will have the children on thursday till the weekend (we split child care 50%) and I know I will love to spend 100% of the time with them with my batteries fully recharged.


1 comment:

dublinerinDeutschland said...

Hopefully the worst parts of the divorce are mainly behind you now and you'll be able to move forward soon. Wishing you and the kids all the best