Thursday, June 9, 2011

Future plans

Yesterday we went to the clinic (new location, ultra posh place, was almost expecting a room named after me LOL!) and we met with the Fav Doctor. The medical part of the chat was very quick, the policy is "don't change what works" and so we'll do the same protocol the next time. We are looking at September with no pill (whoohoooo!!!), as my cycles are very regular already, I just have to give her a call when my period start in September (probably it'll be late August), she'll get my prescription ready and we are good to go! She suggested to start with a lower dose, she'll monitor me more often (the new place is walking distance from work) and we can increase if necessary. Two out of the three fresh cycles I have done, I risked OHSS and this resulted in half the trigger dose the last time which yielded 6 eggs out of 18 follicles which then became 3 blasts. We'll try and aim for 10 eggs without OHSS. We still think we'll freeze which means I won't be on steroids or clexane this time. The idea is to go to blast anyway and freeze then (Oliver was a frozen blast). But we'll see how it goes and the Fab Doctor seems to be quite flexible with us, which is great.
We also got a tour of the new facility and I can only say WOW. They even bought a new 3d ultrasound machine. Cool!
Yesterday was also my CD3 so I got my bloods done at the GP to see how I'm getting on on the hormones side of things. I'll have the results back next week.

Finally, I'm deeply saddened by the many losses happing in blogland. Some of them are just unreal they are so so cruel. I still get a profound sense of fear reading those stories, as if they trigger my memories around Oliver's birth so though you girls are in my thoughts and prayers I am not able to comment too much.

7 comments:

Alex said...

How exciting to be planning your next baby! I'm so happy for you! Sounds like a great plan.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so psyched you're going for #2! Can't wait to cheer you on! Oh! look at that! I already am! :-)
xoxo

Clare said...

Wow plans afoot already! Wishing you much much luck with everything, bet you can't believe you're here already xx

C said...

Awesome! I'm glad you were able to tour the clinic. I was looking forward to reading of your reaction. I think it's gorgeous!

Looking forward to September!!

tireegal68 said...

You are so brave, my friend!
This is so cool!!!!
Looking forward to hearing all about it, mummy!!!!

Momasita said...

Sounds like you've got a great plan there, and a great doctor. Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you! But, on a selfish note, um, if you get pregnant, you likely won't be able to come to California next summer. I guess we'd have to wait another year or so and you can bring BOTH babies to meet us!

Best of luck with your upcoming cycle, my dear friend.