Saturday, January 12, 2013

Oliver is 2 - Time in Italy - Pregnancy update and new car!

I only manage to sit down properly for a post today. I wanted not to have to rush a post and upload pics too, so finally I'm able to do so!

Our holiday in Italy was lovely, Oliver still finds it very difficult to settle and properly sleep, but at least my parents didn't make any comments that I found irritating. We are all growing in our new roles and boundaries are definitely more respected. Oliver LOVES his grandparents, he would get up in the morning asking for them (after waking us up with a distinct "Mammaaaa! Papa' sleeping?" no my love...no one is any longer sleeping!) and my dad was beside himself with joy any time Oliver woud run up to him and hug him.


He got lots of presents which he really liked, including books and DVD of his favourite cartoon, an Italian dog called Pimpa which I used to watch too when I was young!


And then there was his birthday on the first of January, he loved opening up more presents, his cake and blowing off the candles (well...almost!) and we sang the happy birthday song for the rest of the holidays! To be noted also that he always had food at the table and since then we put away the high chair at home too. He is really growing up! He loved my mom's food (and so did we!) so she was delighted with herself.


Then we went to the house in the hills with my parents and sister, Oliver slept there like a log and was out all day in the garden, watching/participating in all the activities going on (cutting trees, picking up leaves, cleaning the deck...), it was definitely the highlight of the holidays. 



It was very sad leaving this time, Oliver was quite upset at the airport and sure my parents could hardly hold back the tears. As Oliver turned two while we were away, it turned out we didn't have the right plane ticked for him on the way back! After a bit of drama they let us on the plane anyway and he got his own seat! Was quite interested in the sky shopping magazine...



His Italian came on massively when we were away and it's really interesting to see how he can switch between languages, often mixing them up whichever way he finds more convenient! And definitely has strong preference for some words in Italian and others in English!

Today I'm 25 weeks whoohoo and go go go Phoenix! Weight is up 8.5 Kg since the start which is great as I was up 12 Kg with Oliver at this same stage, of course one small side of me is saying "this baby isn't growing!" but it's a small one...I also checked the HB last night just for the craic and it was his usual 132 bpm when he was quiet. I have to say, it is great not to worry about it any more. I have to mention that I had a dream when I was in Italy that Phoenix was a girl! I was as surprised in the dream as I would be in real life, but the thing is now I don't have any strong feelings anymore one way or another, it will be a real surprise. For your pleasure I'm going to post two belly pics, side shot and front shot! Have your guess as to whether you think it's a boy or a girl!



And finally, one other big news!! I'm a proud owner of a new car!! It's a pearl white Mazda CX-5 top spec with black leather interiors arrrggghh  very aggressive! The dealer took my little car to see if he could sell it, well, by the time I got home he called that he got me the deal I wanted!! Really really happy. We also got a new hoover and made a plan to extend the kitchen counter! Is this nesting enough? Will post pics of before and after and the same for the big boys room which should be here in a couple of weeks!

8 comments:

Mina said...

What a lovely holiday! It must be special to see the bond between grandchild and grandparents grow... And lovely belly. Enjoy it. You will miss it when it's gone.

Anonymous said...

My goodness...I hardly know where to begin. I LOVED all the pictures - it helps me feel like I was traveling right along with you! Oliver is getting to be such a big boy, doing and helping so much, practicing his TWO languages (!) and having a wonderful time with your parents. He is a very lucky little boy! Your belly looks adorable. I don't have a feeling this time about whether you are having a boy or girl, but I'm going to go with "boy." Can't say why and likely wrong.

Awesome new car! Sounds like a mean machine to drive. Be careful out there! And more changes to the house. Well, you are definitely nesting. Please give Phoenix a little pat for me and give my best to Mike. Your family is really in for a delightfully happy new year!

Valery said...

Renovations and new car counts as nesting too? unfair! ;-)

love the picture of your father holding Oliver.

And please don't worry about the weight, I was at +8.5 kilo at 34 weeks with a bigger than average baby.
(AND bigger than averge boobs!)
I think Phoenix is plenty strong enough now to take what he needs from you, he doesn't care much yet about your work or the energy you want to spend on Oliver.
So please try to not get this flu that seems to be going around worldwide (?) because with the flu taking your energy as well there will be little left for you!
Love, V

lostintranslation said...

Happy belated birthday to Oliver! The holiday sounds indeed lovely and I'm glad that your parents didn't intrude on your parenting space. You have a beautiful belly!

Adele said...

Fran so glad that you had a good time (and especially glad that things went beautifully on the family front). The photo of Oliver at the table eating made me realize what a big boy he is now! And sounds like Phoenix is doing wonderfully.

Alex said...

Oliver is so cute! I can't believe he's already two. How time flies! I'm glad you had such a lovely vacation. That's so sweet that Oliver had such a nice time with his grandparents. And you look fabulous!!! Go Phoenix go!!!

Heather said...

You look great! Time really flies, huh?! We are gearing up for some car shopping in the not-too-distant future. Sigh...

Elle said...

Awwww, Oliver is two! Hopefully he is much different than most girls (because that is what everyone around here has, so no boys to compare with) and he doesn't whine all of the time. That is the worst part about 2 and 3 for me, the whining.

I am sure your parents love how attached he is to them. I bet it is hard to leave. I know it is hard for Little Bean and me when we leave my parents too.

I am gaining less weight with this pregnancy as well. Go us! It feels good, doesn't it? The less you put on, the less you have to take off. And everyone says it is harder to get off the second time, so hopefully if we don't put on as much, it won't be harder.