Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy third birthday!

Oliver is sound asleep, oblivious of the new year celebration going on outside. Martina was awake for the...third (or was it fourth?) time since she went down at 8.30 but did sleep at midnight so we celebrated with a glass of fruit juice like three years ago when I had just been induced. I'd like to make it our tradition. We are at my parents' place, my sister thought herself and Clarissa could come over and we could have dinner and wait for midnight together. However, with small children it's impossible to make plans like this, we had the three of them asleep by 9 (the girls were down for 8.30 and Oliver took that bit longer) and then the two girls woke up in rotation to the point that at 10 we decided to just eat when we could! Ah well, maybe next year.

And today my boy is three. He will wake up in the morning and we have his favourite cake ready and a couple of little presents, I can't wait to see his face and take some pics!

Of course Happy New Year to you all my friends, may this be a good one for everyone.

6 comments:

Valery said...

Happy birthday Oliver! Hard to believe it must have been 4 years since I was in Ireland....

Life Happens said...

Happy new year! And a big Happy birthday to Oliver!!! Many more blessings to you and your family in the new year!

Mina said...

Happy belated birthday, Oliver ! And happy New Year to you and yours, dear! I hope you get to rest more sooner rather than later. :-)

Momasita said...

My friend, I can't believe where the time has flown. How are our babies 3?! Happy belated birthday to Oliver!

I have been away for a while from all things blog, but think of you quite frequently. I hope you and your family are well.

tireegal68 said...

How cool is this??? The crèche sounds great - from the carers to the drive there, to the propect of the kids growing up there. I'm envious! Glad to hear your mother in law is holding her one despite so many issues. Good luck with the getting in shape!!!!

tireegal68 said...

Sorry, I meant to comment on the most recent post! But happy birthday, Oliver!!!