Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Back

We are back! As I sat on the plane, holding Oliver, I felt the urge to "reassure" the guy sitting next to me that on the way over Oliver slept all the time. No one likes sitting beside a child on a plane. I certainly didn't and now I'm at the receiving end of the look that says "oh my God please please please move along ...no no no no no....damn...just my luck...". Thankfully he was once again the perfect baby.

Another thing is back. My period! 30 days after the last bleed. Good old body is still working as if it mattered. It feels good though to be back to normal. I hope this will help loosing the weight. I'm not progressing at all in that sense, I still have the same 7-8 kg to shift. I walk, I eat next to nothing, thyroid functioning fine...I wonder if this is the new me forever.

Next week I'll start yoga again.

This Thursday there is a big big big event. The official launch of Ectopic Pregnancy Ireland. I cannot believe I have been of so little help right when the charity needed it most. The girls have organised everything, it's going to be great. A few weeks ago two of them went on national Tv for a short interview and raising awareness. Since then our FB page got may more hits and we have been able to reach out to several women. I am so excited and so proud of what we (mostly they!) have done. I'll post about it at the end of the week.


12 comments:

Jenni said...

Welcome home. I suspect that the girls from the charity don't really mind that much, and you'll have more time and energy as the days go by. Besides, the other thing that's really needed is for people to be there for the long haul, it's easier to do the work and be excited closer tot he beginning than it is to continue that enthusiasm a year or two down the road. You can and will be there then.

Michele said...

Welcome home!!! I'm so excited about your launch- that is awesome!!

BB said...

It feels so great to be back in your own bed! Welcome back!

Good luck with the launch! Haven't exchanged any messages with you in such a long time!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are safely home and I was not at all surprised to hear how good Oliver was on the plane! He is so good and cute and perfect all the time. He is now an accomplished traveler!

Congrats on the launch of the Ectopic organization! Soooo great!

Circus Princess said...

Way to go with the organization - you girls rock! Any tips on smooth traveling with baby?

HopeBPatient said...

Sounds like it was a good trip! Hang in there on the weight loss. I have no idea how it all works after pregnancy but having lost some 30 pounds at one point, there were always plateaus I thought I wouldn't get over and then somehow all of the sudden things would just start moving again.

daega99 said...

I'm nervous about flying to the UK in May - I hope Liam will sleep...

Yay for the charity launch. I know it will go well!

Seems I got my period back this month as well... I was not impressed. I'm still trying to find time to workout. Whenever I think I have the time the little man decides he wants attention... oh well!

Mrs. Misfits said...

Excellent news on the launch and hooray for returning from Italy. Wait. Hmm...at least you are back home, because lord knows that I hate to leave a vacation.

I can't wait to hear how launch goes. This is an exciting and important event!

Alex said...

So glad it was a good trip. And that's wonderful that your body is working like a champ. That has to be so comforting.

And congrats on the launch - this is so impressive!!!

Momasita said...

I am so glad that your flight went well. I think you are so brave flying with an infant. I would be worried about e take offs and landings.

Congratilations about the launch of the site. I know how much this means to you.

Nick and Kristi said...

Hey Fran Welcome home and so happy for all the wonderful things happening for you:) Glad little buddy is moving his head more to the left and that he is still a little angle:) I hope to be back to posting myself very very soon...Hugs!

Adele said...

Welcome home - and that's great BOTH that biology is kicking in again and about the launch. Sounds like Oliver was the perfect travelling companion:)