Monday, March 28, 2011

Daydreaming

Do you guys remember how last year during my pregnancy I watched all the series of Grey's Anatomy back to back as I had never followed it before? It was an addiction. I think I may have posted at one point that I actually dreamt of a completely new episode! If you never had a full immersion in something like this you may not understand...but I actually felt I knew the characters and it was like a parallel life where I was living in Seattle! Anyway, that kept me away from constantly worrying about the pregnancy, but like a true addiction I couldn't stop till the last episode! And then I had withdrawal symptoms too.

Well....it happened again, I have found a new thing I had never seen before...currently in its sixth season....so a lot of episodes to watch. How I Met Your Mother. Again, how on hearth I didn't see it it's beyond me. Somehow it fits in perfectly with Oliver's schedule, episodes are only 20 mins or so, so they are great. And oh my God I sooooo love it. I've already watched all the series and so I'm up to date. A confession. I know next to zero about actors and stuff so of course, being totally taken by Barney I checked out who the actor was (I know I know...) and of course I found out he's gay, in a happy relationship and recently had twins from a surrogate mother!! How cute is that?? But it did ruin Barney for me bohooooo... There should be a rule that hot actors playing womanising roles have to be straight...who has not met a Barney in their life raise a hand. I have met at least two. Ah the young me....it was great fun. So I really enjoyed that character, of course imagining myself there too with the others. Those kind of friendships are much more common in Italy, the flirting, the group dynamics, the stories etc. Not such a thing in Ireland. I miss that a lot and there's nobody who I can even talk to about it as I know they wouldn't really understand. So of course I know it's fiction but still. Like a good book, I tend to be part of it, living it. And it's as if I'm 17 again dreaming of meeting accidentally an actor or a singer on the bus and having a conversation (which depending on the case would have evolved in different ways eh eh). Wouldn't it be nice? Because for me of course the actor equals the character. But in this case I'd really love to meet the actor too. I've the impression he's nice in real life too. So I'm following him on Twitter. Hence I'm a new Twitter user. My sister is still laughing at me. 36 going on 17.

But what the hell... a girl can dream, right?

6 comments:

Alex said...

This is so fun! And I love the show too!!!

Christa said...

My husband and I love that show! Brandon makes fun of my addiction to Glee but when he found out that Neil Patrick Harris would be playing in one of the Glee episodes he HAD to see it. He's a really good actor

Anonymous said...

I think it's great you found something fun for yourself! Most of our TV these days (when it's on at all) is preschool genre cartoons. Sometimes late at night my DH and I sneak an episode of Mad Men, but more often than not I'll choose SLEEP over TV any day! Enjoy the TV fantasy!

Valery said...

I love your addiction! And I love your voice of being 17, you sound so happy and carefree, I can see you daydreaming on a bus. So much nicer than all the worrying! Spring is in the air, enjoy feeding the ducks!
(I'm still catching up with Grey's :)

BB said...

Lol! Yes, and I like that show too!

Adele said...

A girl can most definitely dream. I love how good films or television or books can completely transport you. It's a lovely thing and, yeah, while eventually we have to make the re-entry to real life...it's nice to be carried away for awhile.