Today marks 16 weeks and I'm so happy to report that for the first time I have NOT put on weight since last Sunday! It's as if I'm less swollen which is great so maybe I've started losing a bit of those retained fluids finally! The belly is shaping up nicely, I will post some pics when I gathered a few more together. Apparently Elvis is the size of an avocado!
One thing I always forgot to say is about baby movements. I don't think I feel them yet even though at times I have the impression I do (like a very light tapping mostly happening in the evening and if I have something pressing on my belly, like...Patches!) but I have to say the doppler has almost cancelled all my anxieties. I still look forward to my next appointment and this time I have a series of questions ready for the doctor:
1) Weight gain (am I in line with what he was expecting?)
2) Being short of breath (not always but if I walk fast or go up a flight of stairs definitely so)
3) My blood tests results
4) Possibility of an incompetent cervix and can I be checked (and the anxiety that the awareness of this condition creates for me)
5) Vaginal discharge. It has increased and I have read it's very normal, but at the same time could it be a mild yeast infection?
6) Back pain and mild abdominal cramping (I think it's all normal but rather have him say so)
7) Discuss my first trimester screening results
8) I need a certificate to apply for a maternity leave
Anything else I have forgotten?
Mike is gone to see his hurling team playing in the semifinal, they are given as strong favourite and this apparently puts them under a great deal of pressure! I'm staying at home watching the same match from the comfort of my couch with Patches and the Dude...