Saturday, October 8, 2011

Settling (baby) and relaxing (mamma)

We are at the end of the week. First week full time in the crèche and after the initial drama the care there has been fantastic. I got to know Wendy a bit more and she's a sweetheart with a very difficult situation at home, I really felt for her. On friday, I had another meeting with the manager. I really like her. Honest, upfront and hands-on. So she told me that a disciplinary action had been taken against both girls on duty on friday. I felt so so sorry for Wendy I tried my best to make sure she knew I thought she was great. And she did know, but could not ignore the infringement to the safety rules and we both hope Wendy will come out strong at the other and of the process. The second girl (Rebecca) was still on probation so her future in there is definitely less certain. The manager apologised on behalf of the girls and offered weekly meetings with me to make sure I had constant updates on how she was handling the situation. But honestly, I really think it was an unfortunate day on friday and I have no doubt Oliver is well cared for, so we left it that I will let her know immediately if I see something I'm unhappy with.

So we survived the first week of the new routine, I'm much happier and relaxed now!

5 comments:

BB said...

It is so tough to transition from being cared at home to a day care! Hope you both settle in soon! Can't beilive you are already back full time!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you received the reassurance you needed and that the carers are everything you need them to be. What a relief!

Circus Princess said...

Oh my, I just read the cluster-fck of induction day, I would have lost it too! Very happy to hear things are looking better now! I admire your strength in going back to work - hang in there honey!

Adele said...

I'm so glad, Fran. And I'll reiterate: you were absolutely right to raise things as you did. Right in every way (and most especially for the children in the creche). And I'm just glad that the week ended well. Rocky beginning but I'm hoping it will be smooth, smooth sailing from here on out.

Alex said...

Just catching up. I'm SO very glad that things are settle down, and you feel better now about the creche!!!