Patches is not getting any better, yesterday had fever again and trouble breathing. He's not eating much at all and hardly drinking (we have to force fluids in with a syringe). This is just heartbreaking. Last night we decided this was it, we cannot let him suffer so much, it's unfair. And believe me, it's definitely not about the money, I'd spend twice as much if I thought we can can get him through this. So this morning we rang the vet and told him the situation. I brought Patches in thinking it was his last journey. He looks so frail and submissive, I just tried to be strong and calm with little success. But the Vet said she wanted to give him another chance, not to worry about the money, they'll work something out. She took him in and will give him fluids, if he gets better by the afternoon she'll sedate him and X-ray him to check for polyps that may give him this recurrent breathing troubles. She'll also give him a scope to check his trachea and nose. I said to her I cannot bear the idea of torturing him any longer and she agrees that this won't be the case. She really believes we can save him.
I'm an emotional wreck, I broke down sobbing in work yesterday and had to go home. I know it may sound so silly to be so upset about cats, but this is all we have. I'll update as soon as I have news, I've been terrible at ICLW but I will catch up asap. Love to all and I know you are all sending positive thoughts, I can feel the warmth.