Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sorry neighbour!

Oh dear...I would have updated the previous post but I know it wouldn't have been really fair as you guys had left comments already (thanks, you are great!!)

So last night the doorbell rang and it was neighbour N with a brand new brush for us!! He was very apologetic and the brush is actually much bigger and stronger than the one we have! Mike answered the door (thank God, I would have been mortified!) and things between guys are always so much easier to straighten out aren't they? Mike offered him our old one but no no, no need at all and sorry again!
Then Mike said to me "See? you FORCED me to go ever and give out to them! There was no need!" Ehhmmm...I mean... with the way things had gone the night before, I still think something had to be said, but it is more of a possibility now that it was his extra-neighbour to damage it and he truly didn't know....

Ah well, back to meditation, this has to be forgotten now! Certainly if I had followed one of the key instructions of the book which states "Wait 24 hours before having any reaction"...ehemmehhm I suppose....next time...Zen...Zen...Zen....

7 comments:

Momasita said...

I'm glad the neighbour gave you a new brush. I guess I'm cynical, but I don't think that N would have given you the new one if M hadn't gone over there to discuss it. Who knows?!

junebug said...

Yeah! It is always great when someone does the right thing (eventually). :-)

Heather said...

Okay, I'll pat my feathers down now too. LOL! I do wonder though if your DH's visit prompted the new brush...

Best When Used By said...

See, I agree with Sweet Georgia. I bet that if Mike never went over there, the neighbor would have done nothing (after all, they left the damaged brush in the first place without saying anything). Probably when Mike spoke with the wife, she was terribly embarrassed at the situation (since wives tend to be more sensitive) and when her husband came home, she likely said to him, "I was so embarrassed! You must buy and take a new brush to them immediately!" Still, it was a good lesson in courtesy for them. But I'm glad they came through.

Michele said...

Ok... now I feel really bad about my previous comment! Although they should have done that!!!

C said...

Oops, I Just commented on the previous post. Well, glad it worked out and you have a new brush :)

Clare said...

Hi Fran... I just came back from my first group meditation, it was really amazing. I think I am going to get into it as well. Very very helpful in keeping a calm mind while going through all this bullshit.