Sunday, March 14, 2010

Back!

I'm back from the fab weekend, it was truly relaxing and I had a great time with my best friend P.

This morning Mike texted me that Patches had been a bit off form yesterday but was better today. Ok...I thought, the booster may have upset him a bit. But guys, when I arrived home Patches was again breathing with great difficulty, in through the mouth and out through a very blocked nose, very lethargic and weak. Poor Patches...obviously Mike didn't want to have me worrying during my two days in London and didn't say anything on saturday.
He has not eaten or drunk much at all since early this morning so we boiled some chicken, blended it and force fed him with a syringe a little bit but I think I'm bringing him back to the vet tomorrow...I promise I'll post more pictures very soon, I'll be home tomorrow afternoon and then tuesday (hysteroscopy day!) and wednesday (Paddy's Day and third anniversary!) so I'll definitely do it then, just a recent one now to show you how they sleep!


13 comments:

Fertility Chick said...

Glad you had such a great weekend away - well deserved!

I'm sorry about Patches though - I hope that everything is okay. Please keep us posted!!

junebug said...

They are so freakin' adorable together. :-)
I'm glad you had a great weekend.

Eileen said...

Awww. Your kitties are ADORABLE!!!!! Love that pic. I am so sorry to hear about Patches. I will say a little prayer that the vet will be able to fix Patches right up. Good luck! My cat Bailey was a runt and she got a lot of respiratory infections as a kitten, but she is perfect now, HUGE in fact. I am sure this too will pass.

BB said...

Glad you had a great weekend!

Wishing Patches a speedy recovery! They are so adorable together!!

Momasita said...

Hope Patches has a speedy recovery!

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Glad you had a great weekend! Hoping Patches is doing better soon!

jill said...

Aww sleeping kitties! :) Glad you had a good time. And, I really hope Patches recovers quickly, poor thing...

Mad Hatter said...

Oh, poor Patchy - they look so sweet sleeping together...Hope all goes well at the vet and this is that last time you have to worry about this.
Love,
Maddy

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had an amazing break in London. I hope that Patches is ok and that the vet can figure out what's happening to him.

xxx

Heather said...

I just want to snuggle them! I wish our cats would even share the same couch. I hope Patches is on the mend today.

Glad you had a nice weekend! Good luck this week on your hystero.

Saige said...

Look at those sweet little mow-mows!

I'm glad you were able to get away for a great weekend. You needed and deserved it.

I had a kitty once who would get really goopy noses to the point she couldn't breathe. I don't remember what the diagnosis was, but she used to get cortizone shots for it. Or maybe it was for something else. Either way, the vet was able to clear it up, but it did come back from time to time. I wish I could remember what it was and what he did for it. Maybe he did a nasal spray thing. Its been too long. I hope the vet helps Patches out. Poor meowie. :(

Wishing 4 One said...

Welcome home Fran! I know London was awesome and I was there in spirit with you, you know that LOL!

Poor patches, the vet should figure something out hopefully. But how cute are they snuggling together??? They remind me of my babies, Charlie and ET sleep like that sometimes too.

Have fun tomorrow, kidding but let us know how it goes with you and then later with Mr. Patches, give him a kiss from me poor baby.

Adele said...

What a lovely photo. I'm not reading this in real time and so I know Patches is on a respirator. So hoping for a good outcome, and for many more happy snuggling photos with the Dude.