Monday, March 29, 2010

Update on Asherman's

Nearly running home to go to yoga but I had to update you all after your kind comments and support!

I called Dr. B and left a message to his secretary (who for some reason loves my name and every time is very happy to talk to me! Nice!) He called back in the afternoon from his mobile, I think he was driving or something, terrible reception!

Anyway, I told him I was worried about Asherman's and I wanted to know a bit more about what he found. He said he didn't find any evidence of Asherman's as my uterine cavity was perfectly opened, I had no adhesions linking the uterine walls to one another. He said you never know of course, he did find scar tissue after all, but with just one surgery (the D&C back in 2007) it would be really unlikely that it develops further.

Hemhem...remember... I'm the one with 2 ectopics also...but let's just not go there again.

Anyway, he didn't think I had reasons to be overly concerned, that he removed all the filamentous scarring he had seen and was very happy with the outcome.
I told him I was on the pill since last Sunday to get ready for the transfer in May, he said he would have not recommended for me to be on the pill as it may lead to unusual bleeding (yes, still spotting) but that if this is my clinic protocol he has no objection. He said no problem with the FET in May! I'm so relieved!

I know, I know, I always do this, it's in my nature, I have to worry about something!

19 comments:

junebug said...

Yeah for the good news! Right? I think it is perfectly fine to obsess. After all, we have to be our own biggest advocates. You never know when you just might find the right answer so it is best to keep asking.
Have fun in yoga. I'm trying to talk myself into heading to my yoga class.

The Hopeful Elephant said...

Fran...my name is Heather, and I, too, am a chronic worrier. Sigh.

Glad everything is looking up!

Adele said...

So glad it's not Asherman's. And he doesn't sound too worried about the pill. I'm glad you talked to him as soon as possible though. It's amazing how an idea takes root and grows and grows. I've been in full panic mode several times.

Now you can relax (am, of course, being ironic:) and plan for that FET!

jill said...

Reassurance is always nice to hear :)

Courtney said...

I'm so glad you got some reaasuring news from your doctor. :-)

Heather said...

This is great news! I am so relieved for you. And add me to the list of Heathers that are chronic worriers...LOL!

Clare said...

Good news - relief! Counting day to May!!

Momasita said...

Fran, you and I are like two peas in a pod when it comes to worrying! I'm glad that your doctor was confident that it's not Asherman's, I think you have to just go with that answer and try not to worry about it. Glad you're still on for your FET in May.

Blondie said...

That sounds like good news! And if you can't tell from my blog, I'm also generally a ball of stress ;-) I try and fight it, but I'm just hard-wired to worry! It helps to have all of you lovely blogging ladies to help me to regain focus and claim my sanity. Anyway, glad you got good news from your doctor!!

Saige said...

I'm glad the doctor was able to help put your mind at ease on the Ashermans.

As infertiles AND women, it is our job and God-given right to worry. I would worry about any infertile who didn't worry about anything and everything she could related to her reproductivity.

It is wonderful you are doing yoga. I know it makes a HUGE difference for me, and I live for each week when I go to class.

Get a nice good stretch, and stretch some of that worry away!

*hugs*

Jana said...

great news. glad to hear it

Best When Used By said...

I'm so relieved! Thank goodness he was able to put your mind at ease (...it IS at ease, isn't it?) But of course you were worried - all of us would have been. So HURRAY for the May FET still being on track! Now go to yoga and stay away from Dr. Google!

Mrs. Misfits said...

This is great news. I'm glad it was only minor and that you won't have to worry about that for May! Also, thanks for the tip on the hysteroscopy. I'd asked my RE and she said if I don't get KU in 3 months, she'd recommend the procedure as well.

Mad Hatter said...

Oh, Fran, I am so relieved to hear that the Asherman's thing looks like a false alarm! That's great news about your uterus looking so good. And hey hon, worrying isn't all bad - it is often why we ask our doctors so many questions and advocate for ourselves the way we do! But now everything is on course for you (I'm so so glad!). I hope you can enjoy your yoga and meditation and your kitties!

TwoDogMama said...

Oh Fran I love to worry as well! About everything in the world! I also Google everything which just adds to the madness. I am glad it sounds like everything is better and looking up. Here is to May coming quickly!

Christa said...

What a relief! Let's hope the transfer in May goes well for you

LiL Moo & Mee said...

Good news!

Flower said...

Hang in there sweetie...u are in our thoughts and prayers

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Sounds like good news! Glad to hear that! :)