Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The next step and back to acupuncture

I was waiting to post until I had some news on when this hysteroscopy was going to happen. To cut a long story short there was some break down in communication (and faxing!) between my clinic and Dr. B who'll be performing the procedure. His secretary was really lovely and proactive though, so she dealt directly with my clinic and called me a little while ago to confirm that they now have the referral, that Dr. B will contact me later today to explain what will happen and that yes the procedure is confirmed for the 16th of March! Next tuesday!! The day before our anniversary which happens to be St. Patrick's Day and as such is holiday in Ireland! I'm planning of taking a long weekend and chill out!

Thanks so much for all your comments on my headaches and Patches. I'm glad to report that Patches is back to his normal self (better in fact!) and that The Dude, although still very very shy, doesn't run away any more if you go near him. Still we cannot pick him up, but we are confident this may change sometime in the future.

My headaches come and go, I don't have to take painkillers though which means it's really not that strong, I do sleep very well, I don't wake up with a headache but I feel I'm "blocked" in my sinus and the left ear. So I now think it's a combination of head-cold, stress from overwork, and neck stiffness! I took matter into my hands and called my acu practitioner and I'm going to see her this evening. She didn't know of my latest ectopic and my last failed ICSI and she was really really nice. I look forward to a relaxing session!

Update: Dr. B just called! So he'll perform the procedure under mild anaesthetic so that if he finds something like a polyp or scar tissue he'll be able to remove it there and then! My super long weekend just became a reality and I have the Spa on Saturday to chill out even more!

15 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm so glad that things are moving right along! I hope your procedure goes really well next week!

Fertility godess said...

Thanks for the update, you remain in my prayers.

Momasita said...

Yay for having a date and for moving forward. Dr. B sounds like a great doctor.

Dee said...

The 16th will be here before you know it! Hope things go well next week!
xxx
wheresmy2lines.wordpress.com

Kate said...

Good luck next week! Hopefully things will look perfect and you won't need more than a confirmatory look-see to check on them.

Kim said...

It always feels good to have a plan. Glad your going to acu- I know it will help with the headaches.

Best When Used By said...

Thank goodness you got everything worked out and your procedure will be in just a week. And I hope you have a wonderful anniversary (I just love St. Paddy's Day!).

Hopefully the acupuncture will help with the headaches/sinus issue. You need to get better before you get pregnant and can't take many meds!

Anonymous said...

great that things are moving ahead, and look after yourself. Steams are good for blocked sinuses. Olbas Oil in a big bowl of boiling water and inhale gently, don't burn your nose!

Anonymous said...

I will keep you in my prayers for your procedure and your anniversary (how exciting!!!). :)

I would also love if you would follow me. I just started a new blog.

http://beingjoyfulalways.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

-- Susan

Mad Hatter said...

As always, you continue to amaze and inspire me - here I am, a big puddle on the floor, and there you are, nursing a sick kitty, booking a hysteroscopy, taking care of your headaches, see your acu practitioner - you are a force to be reckoned with! So glad Patches is doing better and that you are bringing The Dude out of his shell...Hope the headaches are soon to be a thing of the past and that everything goes well next Wednesday and you can enjoy a well-deserved relaxing St. Paddy's Day/anniversary weekend!
Love,
Maddy

Saige said...

You are very much in my prayers Fran! I hope this procedure provides you with answers and that it is the last step you need to take to parenthood in the surgical department.

Sorry I missed your last post, but I'm glad Patches is feeling right as rain. I hope your headaches let up, and that you are able to find some relief from the acu-therpaist. You'll have to let us know what you think of the experience.

Thinking of you always.

*hugs*

Clare said...

Good luck with it all Fran!! Glad the kitties are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear things are progressing Fran. Thinking of you and you're always in my prayers.

xxx

Michele said...

Saying a prayer for all good things!

Mrs. Misfits said...

Wonderful news all around. It will be good if they find anything amiss and deal with it directly. Hopefully you get some answers.

Have a fanastic weekend and spoil yourself a bit. Also, congratulations on the anniversary!