Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy Anniversary! **Update: Patches is home!**

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone else out there and also Happy Anniversary to Mike and I! This is our third anniversary and three years ago we were in Tuscany, blessed with a sunny day in the middle of March (it actually snowed two days later!) surrounded by friends and family having a great time. I'll post a picture or two soon.

We are still having a great time despite the difficulties we have been through, we are together and supporting each other, it doesn't actually feel that three years have passed but I suppose I still feel like I'm 25 inside so...I just have to acknowledge I'm a good bit older and happily married for a while now!

On other fronts, we phone the vet this morning and Patches is very alert, ate his food through the night and they'll call us later with more medical info (and we'll be visiting in the afternoon anyway) come on Patches, we and the Dude want you back home!!

Update:
While we were out shopping, the vet called that Patches temperature was still normal and that they were happy to send him home with some medications!! So we went straight to pick him up and The Dude was indeed very happy despite the funny smell Patches had. He's much better, but still a bit tired, so he snuggled on the couch with Mike all afternoon, and The Dude was quite comfortable on my laps for the first time ever!!


25 comments:

junebug said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I'm so glad that Patches is feeling better. Now we know he can dodge any wrench thrown his way. :-)
Lots of Love!

Wishing 4 One said...

Happy Anniversary Fran and Mike! What a wonderful milestone, 3 years... i remember that one. Super S and will have been married for 14 years in June and it still feels like just yesterday. Enjoy your day Fran and I hope it is very special, cause you are so special my friend. Just think next year you will celebrate with your baby(ies) too, I just know it. Big hugs. xoxoxox

Circus Princess said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Fran! I can't wait to see your pictures! Isn't wonderful to have a good marriage?

Have a wonderful St. Paddy's Day too!

Flower said...

Happy Anniversary. :)

Fertility godess said...

Happy Anniversary, so glad Patches is doing better.

StacyandChad said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm happy to hear that Patches is doing well!

Stacy

Momasita said...

Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many more years of wedded bliss.

So glad to hear that Patches is doing even better. Hopefully he'll be back home with you soon.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy St Patricks Day, all!

Saige said...

Happy anniversary!

One thing I remember is that by our third anniversary we had already been through more together than most couples face in 5 or 10 years just because of our infertility struggles. If we could make it through that, we are destined to be together always.

Hooray for Patches! He wants to come home to his new mama. Hopefully that will be very soon.

*hugs*

Blondie said...

Happy anniversary! :)

BelowAverageAthlete said...

Great day, all around! Happy Anniversary and Welcome Home, Patches!

Mad Hatter said...

Happy Anniversary! So happy Patches is home and the family is all together!
Love,
Maddy

Stefanie Wolfaardt said...

Happy anniversary....

I'm glad that patches is fine and feeling better.

Courtney said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I'm so glad that Patches is home and doing well. :-)

Photogrl said...

Happy Anniversary!

I'm glad you AND Patches are home and feeling better!

((HUGS))

BB said...

Happy Anniversary (belated) Fran! Glad Patches is back! :)

linda said...

Sooo glad your little fur friend is doing better. It's so hard when they are sick and we can't tell them it's going to be ok and they can't tell us what hurts.

Happy Anniversary, too!

Mrs. Chapman's 2nd Grade Class said...

Happy Anniversary! So glad Patches is home and feeling better!

Best When Used By said...

What a sweet picture of the two kitties! So glad Patches is home.

Fran, I was thinking about you on St. Patrick's Day. I knew it was your anniversary and I wanted so much to get online and wish you a happy day. I just couldn't manage it, but I wanted you to know I was thinking about you. Wishing you luck in the coming year!

Wishing 4 One said...

Hey Fram happy 1st day of iclw. I love this and I think it may be how i found you, so i really love it for that! Hope your anniversary was awesome and hope Patches is back to being his cute little self. (Today is 8w1d, or 8w4d to you) xoxoxox

The Hopeful Elephant said...

Happy Anniversary...and very happy for Patches to be doing better!

3 years....ah...



ICLW #29

Anonymous said...

Poor Patches ! I'm glad he's better.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Liddy from
No. 144: the unfair struggle (male-factor, speedskating, life)

Jonelle said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary. Your anniversary is the same date as mine :) And I'm tickled that you named your cats Patches O'Holahan and The Dude Lebowski. I love Dodgeball.

The Dude looks like my Jack, but a lighter shade of gray. Hope Patches is doing better.

ICLW #110