Saturday, September 17, 2011

37

I'm 37 today and Oliver is 37 weeks! Nice coincidence. I love these coincidences, they make me smile even if they are totally pointless eheh. Happy birthday to me!

So Oliver has now been outside longer than he was inside. Again, soon this will be something I'll stop thinking about, look at how long I have been outside!
Nothing much new to say, no word from the clinic yet which is good I suppose. I had a very very busy week, a conference, several lectures, incoming students looking for advice, projects to be organised etc. I think I had a touch of OHSS, my belly was quite swollen and only in the last couple of days is a bit better. Still not back to normal though. The fact that I've been up and about from 6.30am every morning and often not back to bed before 11.30pm surely didn't help.

Anyway, I'm enjoying being pampered by my mom today, I slept in, she looked after Oliver. Nice. Fab food is being cooked and we'll go for some retail therapy later. Oliver had another inconsolable crying stint last night, sobbing and all. The poor baby. Then he settled but I could hear him a few times in the night crying a bit. Maybe he's teething. We still have no teeth at all! He has adjusted very well to be with my mom and not my sister, I am really confident he'll be fine in the crèche. And the sensor pad thing keeps going off occasionally, so annoying....but I'm not at the stage yet where I feel confident in removing it altogether. Soon, I promise.

I'll update with news from the clinic as soon as I hear. I am surprisingly calm.

10 comments:

Life Happens said...

Happy 37 to you and Oliver! I hope you guys have a wonderful day.

Mrs. Lemon said...

Happy happy birthday Fran! I love following your mommy hood journey. It inspires me as my neurotic side kicks in in my last three weeks.

Leslie said...

Happy birthday! We have the same one! Hope you continue to have a great day and that you hear great news from your clinic.

BB said...

Happy 37 to Oliver and you! :) He will be 1 before you know!

Fingers crossed for your clinic update!!

JM said...

Happy Birthday!!! Can't wait to hear what the clinic has to say!

linda said...

Happy 37 to the two of you!!! Hope it was a really wonderful day for all of you.

Hugs,
Linda

C said...

Happy Birthday, to you and Oliver.

Glad your mom is there to help, and take care of some things. I loved having my mom visit :)

Alex said...

Happy Birthday to you and happy 37 to little Oliver!!!

Flower said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!! :)

Adele said...

Happy (belated) birthday to both of you! So glad it was good news from the clinic.