Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Update number 2

Academic teaching term will start on monday and we are having orientation week at the moment and it's just hell. So I've not been able to read or comment! So sorry, I'll try my best during the weekend.

I had my second scan this morning, everything is on track, 10 follicles on the left and 7 good sizes on the right. A couple of smallies which won't count. Mike went in for his SA yesterday and he had nothing to report on the "Sample room" of the new facility, apparently it's the same as the old one, no new "interesting" material to look at. The results weren't great, 7 million/mL, low motility. Bleah. The Fav Doctor had a look for me at his precious number and actually in 2009 he only had 5.4 million/mL so it's not as bad this time. And she pointed out they only need a few for ICSI so they have plenty to work with.

In other news, Oliver had a terrible night last night, we had very little sleep, he seemed inconsolable between 1.30 am and 3am. Normally it's enough to give him his soother and the night-teddy but we actually had to pick him up and rock him till he stopped sobbing. My little baby...I think he suffers from separation anxiety now that I'm in work all day...and I'm a bit tender in the belly so I don't pick him up as much in the evening either...let's hope he'll settle soon. Love to all.

6 comments:

St Elsewhere said...

Great to hear about the progress on the follicles front. And Mike's numbers sure are better than last time.


I hope A's anxiety is a passing issue.

Mad Hatter said...

Congrats on the follies (17! woo hoo!) and on the higher sperm count. Sorry about the lack of new and interesting material, though, Mike - this whole thing has been tough on all of us! ;-)

Love,
Maddy

Life Happens said...

Sounds like things are moving along for you.

Hope Oliver is having better nights. :)

Alex said...

Glad to hear everything is progressing on the cycle front. Poor little Ollie - hope his nights get better soon!

daega99 said...

Good progress! Thinking nothing but the best for you.

Separation anxiety has hit us too - and Liam is supposedly used to being away from us. It's also a sign of their continued development, I guess.

Adele said...

Fran, I'm reading these belatedly but I hope your academic year started wonderfully and that both you and Oliver are getting into the swing of things.