Sunday, September 18, 2011

The five Amigos!

The clinic just called and we have 5 frozen blastocysts! Wohooo!!! 3 of them were frozen yesterday on day 5 and 2 more today on day 6! All of them are "beautiful expanded blasts" as my lovely embryologist said after having wished me happy birthday... Only 2 had arrested on day 3 but the other 4 didn't look high grade enough for freezing (my clinic has very strict criteria for what can be frozen, they like to have their FET stats almost as good as the fresh).

So that's it for now, we'll be looking at single transfers in the summer of next year (we have the California holiday planned for June next year and then I have a conference near Boston early July), I really hope there will be a brother or sister for Oliver among my little penguins.

17 comments:

Mrs. Lemon said...

Woo hoo! So excited for you. Also, if you are near boston. Next summer and have time, I would love to meet up with you IRL! Keep me in mind :)

C said...

Such great news!!!!! I'm thrilled for you :)

Anonymous said...

That's great news!!! Congrats!

tireegal68 said...

Okay, now I get the plan!
Great news! Xxx

daega99 said...

Wonderful!!!!!!!

BB said...

Awesome - so exciting. :D

St Elsewhere said...

Belated Happy Birthday!

I sure hope there is a brother or a sister for Baby O in those amigos.

Very nice report!

Flower said...

That is so wonderful! Great Job :)

Adele said...

Fran, congratulations!!! This is wonderful news. Five is a lovely, healthy number and they sound like beautiful blasts. Everything crossed for Oliver's younger sib.

Kakunaa said...

Oh, yay!!! Great news!

Alex said...

Wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!

kdactyl said...

Yay for frozen blasts. And...I may have missed something...but why did you choose to do the retrieval now but not implant until next year? Aren't your chances better with a fresh cycle? Just curious.
kd

Jana said...

that is great news!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Fran, I am so sorry that I have missed your recent posts. Things have been a bit upside down here for me lately. But I hope you know that my heart is full of joy for you and the fantastic news of your 5 little penguins! It couldn't be better, really. After everything it took you to have Oliver, you really deserved this wonderful outcome. Many hugs to you, my friend (and I'm looking forward to our visit next summer!)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I missed your birthday ~! Shame on me. Happiest birthday ever to you, friend!

Anonymous said...

Yay! congrats on the great report, and happy belated birthday!

Mrs. Misfits said...

Incredibly great news, Fran. 5 is a gorgeous number.