Friday, September 9, 2011

Retrieval on monday

Last scan this morning and all looks good. I think I have 20 follicles in total and 14 are of a very good size. Also I was scanned with a different (older) machine and even the measure of the lining (incidentally the best I ever had!) was less than 2 days ago so I am thinking there may be a couple more follicles in the "right zone", but we all know this means nothing till you have actually eggs and then embryos. So I don't want to have my hopes up too much as the disappointment the last time was massive. If I don't hear anything this afternoon from the clinic, I'll trigger with the full dose on saturday night and I'll be the first one in the morning going through the procedure.

In Oliver's world things are well, he had his first cold which had him up at night (and us too!) even more than usual, being quite uncomfortable and slightly feverish. But yesterday he was already much better and last night...oh yes, last night we NEVER had to get up! I'm looking 10 years younger this morning!! And it's just as well...we had the official opening of our new research facilities and the Prime Minister was on the premises...big big deal as you can imagine, in difficult economic times you have to really show that your job and research are worth the investment.
Finally we had another full on alarm with the sensor monitor. It happened one the afternoon, Oliver was actually awake and all smiley when Mike run up to check on him. Mike had heard him cooing seconds earlier so we are now absolutely certain the thing it's false alarming on us. I think Carlito may have started playing with the cable that connect the under-mattress sensor pad to the unit...I have to say I'm so so relieved!!!

12 comments:

Alex said...

Woohoo for retrieval on Monday! How exciting!!!

That sucks that Ollie has a cold. The first of many unfortunately... And how scary with the sensor monitor - glad to hear it was just a false alarm!

Mrs. Lemon said...

What wonderful response! Very excited for you. The mr and I have been trying to figure out our plan going forward and must say, copycat to your timeline seems pretty fabulous! Sorry about the cold!

Flower said...

Praying that all goes well!

Kim said...

Moving right along, on all fronts!!! Glad Oliver got past his cold rather quickly. Mommy needs to be well rested for retrieval. :)

lostintranslation said...

That all sounds great (except from the monitor acting up, but at least false alarm is better than a real one)! Good luck with retrieval, I'll be thinking of you!

BB said...

Wow... already retrieval! Good luck. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Life Happens said...

Hope those follies keep growing. Sorry Oliver is sick. I hope he gets better. It's not fun to see them sick and up all night. I'm so not looking forward to that.

Kakunaa said...

Why does it feel like this cycle has gone so much more quickly??? I can't wait to join you! Here is to #2!

Clare said...

OMG! Cant believe you are TTC again!! So wonderful - wishing you all the best for retrieval and hoping Oliver gets rid of his cold asap (and gets a sibling on the way soon too). xxxx

P.S Got a post coming on EC soon - managing to catch baby's poos, never thought I'd say this, but it's so exciting when I do!

C said...

Wow! Great numbers. Hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Poor Oliver. Hope he feels better soon.

Momasita said...

Sounds like you've had a fabulous response. I hope retrieval goes well.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the fab response! Here's hoping oliver gets a little brother or sister (or both!) in about 9 months!
xoxo